Thursday, August 28, 2008

Elk Grove Scrimmage Game/Upcoming Weekend

So the scrimmage game was last night. First 12U game we played. Turned out well, we won 7-6!!! Not a glorious defeat but a defeat none the less.
Myleeah played pretty good. Her catching was phenomenal (okay I am a little biast)!!! Her batting on the other hand definitely needs some work. Not a surprise. Myleeah has always struggled with her batting. She seems to do better when coach Dave is assisting, but he is taking a sabbatical this winterball season. So little miss Mymy will need to work on her batting with another coach. I am considering getting her private lessons (is that crazy?!?!?), but I am not 100% sold on that thought yet. I am going to wait and see how she adjust to her schedule once school starts (Tuesday 9/2). Besides convincing Tanya her step mom would be a pain in the ass (even though I would pay for it myself)... Let me know your thoughts....
Oh, we got good news last night after the game. The coach told us that Myleeah is going to be first string catcher...YIPPEE!!!!!!!! I am so excited about this!!!

Anyway, practice again tonight and field clean-up/prep Friday for this weekends tournament. Going out Friday night to celebrate my friend Christina's 30th B-day.... Cannot pull a late nighter though, because Myleeah's first game is at 8AM. Which means we have to arrive by 7AM... After a day full of Softball games, we are off to watch my twin nephews in their 1st football game (too cool), more games/two parties on Sunday and chores/laundry/back-2-school prep and another party Monday!!! Yikes, I am tired just thinking about!

1 comment:

Michael J. Fitzgerald said...

The girls all played great today... I took a lot of video, which I will give to Coach Steve and Anne... Keep up with the blogging.